Understanding the Building Order in Company of Heroes 3
Company of Heroes 3 is the latest installment of the popular strategy game series, which allows players to become commanders during World War 2. The third part of the cycle introduces a campaign map, enabling fans to take control of the whole Italian front. As the gameplay of the game is heavily concentrated on tactical RTS skirmishes, an important aspect of the game is learning how to build an effective order.
In this article, we discuss the concept of building order in Company of Heroes 3, including an overview of the units and buildings available to each faction and general tips and tricks on how to build and order your forces to gain an advantage in the game.
Overview of Units and Buildings
When playing Company of Heroes 3, it is important to be familiar with the different units and buildings available to each faction:
- – The US Forces have a Headquarters which recruits scouts and engineers, a Tank Depot which produces heavy vehicles and tanks, a Motor Pool which recruits light vehicles, a Weapon Support Center which provides special soldiers, and a Barracks which recruits basic soldiers.
- – The Wehrmacht has a Headquarters which recruits scouts and engineers, an Infanterie Kompanie which produces basic soldiers, a Luftwaffe Kompanie which recruits light vehicles and anti-tank weaponry, a Panzergrenadier Kompanie which hires elite infantry and light vehicles, and a Panzer Kompanie which produces tanks.
- – The Deutsches Afrikakorps have a Headquarters which recruits support units, scouts, and engineers, a Light Support Kompanie which provides soldiers with heavy weapons and basic infantry, a Mechanized Kompanie which hires light and medium vehicles, and a Panzermee Kommand which recruits tanks.
- – The British Forces have a Headquarters which recruits scouts and engineers, a Section Command which produces basic units, a Platoon Command which recruits light vehicles and tanks, and a Company Command which provides tanks and heavy vehicles.
The primary goal of building order in Company of Heroes 3 is to capture as many sectors of the map as possible to gain resources. At the beginning of the battle, it is important to build structures that produce mobile units that are able to quickly capture the terrain. However, as the game progresses, players should also focus on constructing units that are able to strike hard and defend positions.
It is important to keep in mind the map layout when constructing buildings and units, as certain maps benefit from certain types of soldiers. For example, if the map is small, it is beneficial to have more aggressive and defensive units, as the fight will be fierce from the start. On the other hand, if the map has many buildings, it is beneficial to construct soldiers with breaching abilities or units which can easily destroy structures. If the battlefield has a large amount of open space, then long-ranged units will be most effective.
General Tips and Tricks
When constructing an effective building order in Company of Heroes 3, it is important to keep in mind some general tips and tricks:
- – Firstly, players should remember to make use of the terrain. Certain areas of the map may provide strategic advantages, such as higher elevation or more dense cover.
- – Secondly, players should remember to make use of the battlefield conditions, such as fog of war or night mode, to their advantage.
- – Finally, it is important to remember to keep an eye on the resource points, as these are crucial for producing more units and buildings.
In conclusion, it is important for players of Company of Heroes 3 to understand the concept of building order in order to gain an advantage in the game. An effective building order requires players to be familiar with the different units and buildings available to each faction, as well as the map layout.
Players should also keep in mind some general tips and tricks, such as making use of the terrain and battlefield conditions and keeping an eye on the resource points. By following these tips, players should be able to create an effective building order and gain an advantage in the game.